Thursday, January 28, 2010

TSA Analog Radio Update

I have been through a few more airports recently and have not found the new Icom radios in use at very many yet. No analog activity at Houston Intercontinental (IAH) or Portland, Oregon (PDX). The only new confirmation is at Ft. Lauderdale International (FLL). I heard analog with voice inversion on 169.3 MHz, but was not able to confirm if this was simplex or actually repeated on 172.9 MHz. I believe the CTCSS tone was 123.0 Hz.

In addition to the airports I have been through, I have heard from others that Detroit (DTW), Las Vegas (LAS) and Nashville (BNA) are all using the new Icom radios. All were heard on 172.1500 MHz using voice inversion. No PL tones were noted in the reports. Also heard that Miami (MIA) and Atlanta (ATL) are using the new radios in analog.

More as it becomes available.

No comments: