- BATFE Frequencies
- CBP Frequencies
- DEA Frequencies
- FBI Frequency Updates
- Federal P-25 Radio Identifications
- FEMA Frequencies
- FPS Frequencies
- Nationwide Military Frequencies
- Postal Service / Postal Inspection Service
- State Department Frequencies
- TSA Frequencies
- US Coast Guard VHF/UHF Frequencies
- US Secret Service/WHCA Frequency Updates
Monday, February 28, 2011
POTUS Visit to Portland
On February 18th, President Obama made a visit to the Portland, Oregon area, specifically the Intel Ronler Acres campus near Hillsboro Stadium. I was unable to be in town when the visit occurred, but was able to catch some traffic from the Advance Teams in the days prior to the visit. I was also able to spot the motorcade rehearsing the routes out of Portland International Airport on the day before the POTUS arrival.
Here is what was active:
164.6500, N001 - USSS TANGO
164.8875, N001 - USSS OSCAR
165.3750, N001 - USSS CHARLIE
166.5125, N001 - WHCA ALPHA
167.0375, N001 - USSS Executive Protection Detail *
In the past I have received many emails complaining that when the President or other dignitaries visited the areas that they never heard anything on the usual Secret Service channels. As I have explained in past Fed Files columns, the Secret Service tends to set up low power and simplex radio systems in areas that are needed rather than try and cover large areas with temporary repeaters.
* - Thanks to all that emailed me information on the "name" of this channel and 167.0125 MHz. The opinion seems to be that 167.0125 MHz is the Vice Presidential Protection Detail, and 167.0375 MHz is the Presidential Protection Detail., called VPPD and PPD. However, I have heard both frequencies used at events/situations where neither the P or VP are in the field, so they do get used for other things, apparently...