- Army Corps of Engineers Frequencies
- BATFE Frequencies
- CBP Frequencies
- DEA Frequencies
- Department of Energy Frequencies
- FBI Frequencies
- Federal P-25 Radio Identifications
- FEMA Frequencies
- FPS Frequencies
- NASA Frequencies
- Nationwide Military Frequencies
- Postal Service / Postal Inspection Service Frequencies
- State Department Frequencies
- TSA Frequencies
- US Coast Guard VHF/UHF Frequencies
- US Secret Service/WHCA Frequencies
Friday, May 11, 2007
I had some spare time on a recent trip to Las Vegas, so we decided to take a trip out to the Hoover Dam and see what had changed in the last 10 years since I was there last.
As it turns out, quite a bit had changed. There is a fabulous new visitors center, a great parking ramp and the construction of the new bridge over the dam is quite impressive. But traffic still slows to a crawl well before you get to the dam, due mainly to the new security checkpoints that all vehicles must pass through.
Here is what I picked up on the scanner while at the dam:
163.1250, P-25 - Hoover Dam Police repeater
165.6000, P-25 - Hoover Dam Police input
Some of these frequencies are related to the Lake Mead National recreation Area. I also spotted a UHF omni and a UHF Yagi antenna mounted at the center of the dam, both pointed down towards the bottom of the dam. It might be that the dam operations are using UHF, but never found any active UHF frequencies while there.